2014 Emerald City Classic Invitational
2014 Emerald City Classic
The 2014 Emerald City Classic Invitational is coming in just a few months.
2014 Registration is Closed. We have closed registration for the 2014 Emerald City Classic Invitational. This year's tournament will be held over Memorial Day Weekend - May 24-26, 2014 (Sat-Sun-Mon). All registration is handled online through www.signuptoplay.com
Phase I of registration closed on January 15, 2014. All teams registered by January 15, 2014 were considered for acceptance in the first phase. We had nearly 300 teams register while we only have available space for 201 teams. It was agonizingly difficult to make the decision on which teams to accept this year. All teams were graded on the following criteria:
- Strength of Field
- Geographic Diversity
- Number of teams from same club entered in each division
- History of Attendance.
We would like to revise our registration process for next year's tournament because we do not want to go through this again. We are considering making some changes and we'd like your feedback on some of the ideas we have come up with so far:
- Remove an entire age division. No u14 divisions next year? No u18 divisions next year?
- Send out actual invitations to clubs directly by September 1st and require registration by November 30th, or new invitations can be sent out?
- Make the tournament a first come - first served registration beginning on December 1st and allowing the first teams entered to take the spots available?
- Expand the tournament beyond the campus of the University of Washington?
Click below to view the accepted teams for 2014 as of 1/30/14:
- U18 Teams accepted as of 1/30/14
- U16 Teams accepted as of 2/28/14
- U14 Teams accepted as of 1/30/14
- U12 Teams accepted as of 1/30/14
We will update the Signuptoplay.com status for all teams on Friday and will send out individual notification of the status for every team. The email communication from the tournament to the teams is sent to the email address that is provided at SignUpToPlay, so you might want to check your club profile to see what email address we are using.